Thursday, August 7, 2008

7.5 Habits of Lifelong Learners

One job of a teacher is to help students become lifelong learners. Teachers and librarians seem to have an innate love of learning, and we can't help ourselves--we have to pass it on! In fact, I will be passing this list of habits on to my teacher friends.

The habit that is hardest for me is probably #3 View Problems as Challenges. This has gotten easier as I have matured and successfully navigated through many problems aka challenges. But often I still have to stop myself and say, "How can I change this or accept this?" or "What can I learn from this?" to turn a problem into a challenge.

The habit that is easiest for me is #2 Accepting Responsibility for Your Own Learning. A curious mind is full of questions, and a persistent person must ferret out the answer!

No comments: